Allied Health - Medical Records, Coding & Reimbursement
This easy-to-use workbook provides quick templates and guidelines for conducting chart audits of coding and documentation operations. You’ll be able to spot activities that may result in fines or delayed reimbursement and initiate corrective action.
- Exclusive — Written Audit History. Located conveniently within the Table of Contents, your personal audit history will serve as proof of your ongoing efforts to stay compliant.
- Forms and Templates on Diskette. You can organize your auditing data with easy-to-use templates that will help you perform accurate chart audits.
- Expanded Key Issues Section. Prompts you with questions to ask yourself during a self-audit.
- Convenient Size. You’ll have more room to take notes and keep records with our 8.5” x 11” manual.
- Case Studies Updated for 2003. Real-life situations illustrate common and unusual circumstances to help you perform effective audits quickly.
- Quick, Clear, Easy-to-follow Chart Auditing Instructions. Cuts your training time and provides your employees with a reliable reference guide.
- Easy-to-use Tables. Reference a graphical interface to access the information you need to track your strengths and weaknesses, focus on trouble areas, document successes, and track all of your progress!
- Sample Audit Worksheets. Within each chapter are audit worksheets that help to guide the auditor through each element of an audit.
- Post-audit Worksheets. Each chapter includes worksheets that will help you document problem areas, enter benchmarking data, and track trends.
- Directory of Agencies and Organizations. Easily find resources that offer free or low-cost audit assistance if you discover that you need additional help.
- List of Frequently Asked Questions. Get a head start on the audit process with answers to questions that have stumped most of your peers.
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Earn 3 CEUs through AAPC.