|Anaesthesia and Intensive Care A-Z|
Steven M. Yentis, BSc, MBBS, MD, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital; Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, UK; Nicholas P. Hirsch, MBBS, FRCA, Consultant Anaesthetist, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery; Honorary Senior Lecturer, The Institute of Neurology, Queen Square, London, UK; and Gary B. Smith, BM FRCA FRCP, Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust; Honorary Senior Lecturer in Critical Care, University of Portsmouth, UK
Publisher: Butterworth Heinemann
"A great ability of the authors is to trim down the information given so that only the core knowledge needed is presented. This is especially useful for quick revision..."
"The book's excellence is especially apparent in the sections on clinical anaesthesia"
"...the 'A to Z' is becoming an anaesthetic clasic."
Anaesthesia, 2001, 56, pp.714-15
"...for the more senior trainee it is an ideal reference book, and for trainees taking examinations it is second to none. With virtually all the topics pertinent to the FRCA in one book, locating the answer to that difficult MCQ question, or finding the exact formula for the oxygenation index, becomes very easy."
"It should be in every anaesthetic department's library."
British Journal of Anaesthesia, 84 (5), 699-703 (2000)
"The strength of this encyclopaedia lies in its A to Z format which makes quick searches easy and convenient."
"The second edition is remarkable comprehensive..."
International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia
For the third edition, the authors have revised and fully updated existing text and provided additional entries and references relevant to both anaesthesia and intensive care. In a single volume they have provided a comprehensive encyclopaedia of anaesthesia and intensive care for the trainee and the trainer, whether they are of a surgical, medical, anaesthetic, operating theatre or nursing background. Intensive Care entries have been expanded again in the Third Edition and added illustrations help to explain difficult concepts. Entries are very easily searchable and terminology summaries are bite-sized, succinct, yet comprehensive and very practical.
- This 3rd edition covers both basic sciences and clinical practice, and has been expanded to include intensive care in greater detail
- The extensive cross-referencing by an experienced author team ensures easy access to related information
- Major topics, easily forgotten formulae, and definitions are all covered in bite-sized summaries covering all aspects of the FRCA syllabus, providing you with a one-stop reference of the essential terminology and formulae in one easily accessible book
- Illustrated throughout with clear drawings and tables
- Covers pharmacology, physiology, anatomy, physics, statistics, medicine, surgery, general anaesthetic practice, intensive care, equipment
- Both Anaesthesia and Intensive Care entries have been greatly expanded to reflect the latest advances
- New entries include Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, new monitoring modalities, herbal medicines, MOET scoring system (monitoring obstetric emergencies and trauma) and pharmakogenetics
- Now incorporates the professional standards and guidelines from the Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland
- Incorporate latest guidelines in CPR
- All drug doses updated and new drugs and techniques added
- All illustrations professionally redrawn and a quarter of them are brand-new