This interactive CD-ROM consists of 20 case scenarios that require advanced cardiovascular life support (ACLS). Designed in a "game-like" manner, the CD-ROM lets users act as the team leader for simulated cases in a variety of settings – including prehospital, the emergency room, and the critical care unit. Through the use of "real-life" animation, users are presented with a realistic simulation of a patient in need of care. Users then run the code as the team leader, treating the patient using realistic medical tools and seeing accurate results based on the treatments chosen. At the conclusion of each case, the user receives a review of performance and a score. A great way to practice skills—and have fun while learning!
- 20 different case scenarios are available in a variety of settings—including the prehospital environment, the emergency room and the critical care unit. Users can be randomly assigned a case or can choose from the setting they wish to play in.
- Covers the 10 core case presentations of emergency cardiovascular care.
- Users can select and manipulate more than 40 realistic exam and treatment tools, including oxygen, defibrillators, ET tubes, and more!
- Each case is conducted in "real time." A scoring system scores the user based on the number of correct, incorrect, and missing procedures, time lapsed and hints used. Scores are visible at all times during the case and at the conclusion of the case.
- A review section is available that displays a description of the patient's condition as well as a list of correct, incorrect or any missing procedures or treatments.
- Users can choose the level of difficulty at which to play.
- Includes a tutorial, a table of contents, references which review case specific protocols and other helpful information.
- Added bonus! Includes a Quiz Feature: a separate, self-testing, multiple choice quiz section for review of core ACLS content.