Allied Health - Medical Records, Coding & Reimbursement
With the new 837i Claim Editor from Ingenix, you and your entire billing staff will quickly and easily master the HIPAA-mandated 837 claim standard.
The 837i Claim Editor’s tabbed sections offer clear explanations for each step in 837’s electronic format, as well as Medicare billing and coding guidelines (when applicable) associated with each loop, data segment and data element of the HIPAA Health Care Claim: Institutional Implementation Guide.
Unlike the Implementation Guide, the 837i Claim Editor is written specifically for an administrative audience – in language that everyone can understand. Your team will be as familiar and comfortable with 837 as they are with UB-92 in no time!
- Crosswalks and explanations show which existing UB-92 data elements apply to the 837. The guide also covers all new 837 transactions that are not part of the current UB-92 data set.
- With standard processing edits, you can identify and correct required loops and data elements before you transmit a claim.
- 837i Claim Editor also incorporates standard processing edits to help you correct claims, reduce denied claims and submit more “compliant” claims to Medicare and other payers.
- Get specific guidelines for the 837 format in full detail, including information on how to identify, compose and edit required codes, loops and data elements.
- Each topic covered in the manual includes direct page references to the correlated information in the HIPAA Health Care Claim: Institutional Implementation Guide.
- The binder is tabbed so each section matches a major loop within the 837 transaction set. You can easily find exactly what you need for any given transaction code. There’s also a comprehensive index for speedy access to specific information.
- Because HIPAA and Medicare guidelines change frequently, we’ll supply you with free updates as soon as they are issued. You’ll never need to worry about missing out on important changes.