Allied Health - Alternative Medicine
An accessible and comprehensive approach to the anatomy and function of the fascial system in the body combined with a holistic overview of myofascial therapy. Many different therapists now use myofascial techniques to influence postural change and pain relief. This book demonstrates exactly how the muscles connect within the connect tissue to affect posture, compensatory strain, and pain patterns. The aim is to present scientifically sound and often complicated material in a way which can be easily learned, understood, and applied by those who do not necessarily have a scientific background. ANATOMY TRAINS is written and presented in a style that allows this new information on the myofascial system to be easily absorbed by a wide range of readers: from the student, athlete, or client to the most experienced therapist.
- Includes full-colour illustrations of 11 myofascial meridians and the rules for discovering other meridians
- Uses numerous two-colour charts and drawings to detail the muscular and fascial structures involved in the meridians
- Presents information on assessment of structural and movement patterns and gives related applications to manual therapy and movement education
- Provides a selection of techniques from the library of structural integration
- Includes an introduction to the fascial system as a whole, with new points-of-view and new research findings on the fascial system's responses
- Offers a fun approach to learning essential structural anatomy, comparing the connective tissue system to a railway network