Homemaker/Home Health Aide, 6th Edition is a comprehensive resource designed for use in initial training programs for home health aides, and as a reference in required continuing education courses. The practical applications of procedures required by OBRA are included in each unit. This book is designed to train new individuals entering the field for the first time, and practicing home health aides to be caring, dedicated, and skilled paraprofessionals. The role of the home health aide as a valuable member of the health care team is emphasized.
- FREE Practice CD-ROM in the back of the book provides additional study materials including unit highlights and summaries, flashcards, and practice tests
- Key terms in color within each unit emphasize essential language the home health aide needs to learn
- Review questions test the learner's comprehension of key information in the unit
- Case studies with related questions at the end of each unit promote critical thinking
- Procedures are presented in a step-by-step format, and are illustrated with photographs to assist the learner in understanding the various steps