Word From Study Volunteers is an easy-to-read, straight-forward, ten-page pamphlet that details the results of a recent survey conducted by CenterWatch among more than 1,200 clinical research study volunteers. This pamphlet presents first hand experiences from clinical volunteers. It offers valuable insights for anyone interested in participating in a clinical trial.
Volunteers answer and share their perspectives on the following questions:
- How do health consumers perceive clinical trials?
- How do volunteers learn about a clinical trials?
- How is contact with the research centers initiated?
- Following study completion, what percentage of volunteers would participate in another clinical trial in the future?
- Placing in physicians offices for patients to read or mail as educational material to potential study volunteers
- Use in informational packages
- Individuals interested in participating and learning about clinical trials
- Healthcare professionals interested in keeping their patients informed about clinical trials
Can be used by:
- Research centers (full and part-time)
- Academic medical centers
- Site management organizations (SMOs)
- Contract research organizations (CROs)
- Pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device manufacturers
- Patient recruitment firms
- General health professionals
- Consumers / patients