The threat of bioterrorism is no longer theoretical; it is a reality. Your health care facility must prepare rapidly to meet this threat. In this critical reference, leading medical authorities detail how to meet the current challenge of bioterrorism in all its nefarious forms. You’ll find practical, authoritative and useful guidelines and information including:
- the Bioterrorism Emergency Planning and Preparedness Questionnaire for Health Care Facilities from the Agency for Health Care Research and Quality;
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations for immunizing health care workers;
- signs and symptoms of chemical exposures;
- how to triage patients exposed to radiation;
- the latest guidance from the CDC and details of its plans to deploy at bioterror sites and administer stores of vaccine and antibiotics;
- new readiness plans for health care facilities, including a timely self- administered bioterrorism readiness survey by the American Hospital Association and a checklist from the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology;
- educational materials, including fact sheets on biological agents, that can help with staff inservicing or patient questions;
- and much more!
Take advantage of this opportunity to receive comprehensive and practical information detailing how you can meet the unique challenges of bioterrorism.