Chemistry - Polymer Science & Technology
- Covers the latest developments in bioabsorbable polymer research
- Reviews new and emerging compositions and applications for absorbable polymers, including those that are actively involved in treating and/or regenerating tissue
- Contains contributions from top experts in industry and academia
- Provides examples of developing and applying a new absorbable system referencing clinical studies
- Presents creative approaches to customize fiber-forming materials for unique applications
Interest in biodegradable and absorbable polymers is growing rapidly in large part because of their biomedical implant and drug delivery applications. This text illustrates creative approaches to custom designing unique, fiber-forming materials for equally unique applications. It includes an example of the development and application of a new absorbable system, a condensed encyclopedia on novel PEG-based copolyesters, and the first comprehensive discussion of a novel class of absorbable tissue adhesives. The book also provides up-to-date information on important tissue engineering technologies and approaches to utilizing these technologies for long awaited practical applications.