Cell Biology & Cytology
- Shows cell organelle structure, interactions, and organization in multiorganelle complexes
- Displays organelle responses and alterations induced by various inhibitors, drugs, carcinogens, photosensitizers, and chemotherapeutic agents
- Presents potential for the pixel-by-pixel spectral fluorescence scan of microcompartments with cell cytoplasm, nucleus, and individual organelles
- Gathers a portfolio of fluorescence micrographs for different conditions of cellular pathology
- Show potential applications to drug trials, diagnostics, and prognosis
Containing 100 black and white original photomicrographs accompanied by protocol information, this book shows organelles' structures, interaction, and organization into complexes. It includes a color insert that illustrates some of the most characteristic organelle features, microcompartmentalization, and alterations as investigated by one or more probes simultaneously. Each section provides a brief introduction and technical details of staining methods and gives explanations of unusual appearances and the cytochemical reactions when necessary. The book serves as a guide for therapeutic, diagnostic, or prognostic interpretation of images and for further research.