Medical professionals, emergency workers, and public safety personnel must act swiftly and effectively in the face of chemical or biological attacks. When lives depend on your actions, are you prepared to protect both yourself and the public? BioDex™, the most comprehensive single electronic source of bioterrorism response information, delivers critical data when and where it's needed. Developed by MICROMEDEX the leader in healthcare, toxicology, and environmental information - BioDex is accurate, authoritative, and filled with tools you need to treat exposures and prevent further contamination. With content written and reviewed by over 500 leading physicians, pharmacists, and specialists, the BioDex CD-ROM includes both an unabridged database of detailed information and a condensed summary of essential data for useon PDA devices.
In addition to arming yourself with vital knowledge, you can easily distribute BioDex electronic information to your entire team, ensuring everyone is protected and prepared.
Electronic resources in BioDex™ include:
- Patient Management and Triage—Complete, easily accessible details on diagnostic criteria, transmission, and treatment overviews.
- Toxicologic Agents—Detailed data on 54 biological and chemical warfare agents including signs and symptoms of toxicity, levels of exposure, and treatment guidelines.
- Treatment Guidelines—Comprehensive, bioterrorism-specific information for administration, dosing, common side effects, and possible drug interactions.
- Protective Clothing and Procedures—Precautions to defend yourself against exposure while rescuing, treating, or decontaminating.
- Contamination Control—In-depth guidelines to minimize the potential for further contamination on the scene and at emergency response facilities.