Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery
Area of Focus: Hip, Knee, & Lower Extremity
Explore various techniques to conserve blood and minimize allogeneic transfusions in patients undergoing total hip and knee replacement surgeries. Includes interactive learning modules with video and illustrations.
- Case studies in total joint surgery
- Allogeneic blood transfusion: practice and risks
- Allogeneic blood transfusion: indications/clinical criteria for use
- Predeposit autologous blood
- Perioperative blood salvage
- Surgical and anesthetic techniques
- Pharmacologic approaches to minimizing allogeneic transfusion
Earn up to 8 hours of AMA PRA Category 1* or 2 CME Credit.
This CD-ROM was produced under an unrestricted educational grant from Ortho Biotech, Inc.