Veterinary Medicine - Small Animals
The second edition of the hugely successful Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian gives vets all the information they need to form a diagnosis quickly and accurately, establish a prognosis and recommend treatment for a patient suffering an illness, injury or toxic event.
Easy-to-read bullet-point text gives quick access to the most essential information needed to treat emergency cases quickly and efficiently. Extensive practical appendices provide easy reference to essential data including commonly used drugs and supplements, drugs in special circumstances (e.g. safe drugs in pregnancy, drugs to avoid in renal failure etc), clinical chemistry and laboratory data, conversion tables and much more.
With step-by-step coverage of cardiopulmonary emergencies, trauma gastrointestinal emergencies, toxicological events, a greatly expanded chapter on exotic pets, and much more, Emergency Procedures for the Small Animal Veterinarian provides all the facts vets need to help them save more lives faster!
- All vets need to know to manage every small animal emergency case they will encounter
- Many excellent and practical appendices of drugs, poisons, lab data, haematology and much more
- Takes the diagnosis-prognosis-treatment approach to every emergency situation
- Easy-to-access format, with concise text and lots of lists
- Organised by organ systems, making it easy to locate information in a hurry
- Handy info on what to tell the owner in emergency injury situations
- Greatly expanded chapter on toxic emergencies
- Expanded information on emergencies in exotic pets
- New chapters on telephone triage and preparation of the emergency treatment area
- Many new and revised appendices providing a mass of valuable information
- New page design and tough vinyl cover (so that this edition will not disintegrate!)