- Incorporates MATLAB throughout the text
- Includes more real-world examples added to each section
- Offers many more exercises and computer problems and increases the number and variety of applied problems
- Contains a new chapter on numerical optimization and a new section on the finite element method
- Features a companion CD-ROM that contains numerous MATLAB functions
With thorough coverage and a direct approach, An Introduction to Numerical Methods introduces students to a wide range of useful and important algorithms. This second edition incorporates the use of MATLAB as an integral part of the text. It also features new information on numerical optimization and the finite element method and includes real-world examples in each section as well as additional exercises, applied problems, and computer problems. The authors cover a variety of topics such as direct and iterative methods, interpolation, spline functions, the concepts of least squares, numerical differentiation, and integration. A CD-ROM accompanies the text, supplying many simple MATLAB functions.