Medical Terminology Defined and Brought to Life
Stedman's Electronic Medical Dictionary, v7.0 for Windows, is STEDMANíS most technologically advanced and content-rich medical dictionary ever. You can read the definition of a term, hear it pronounced, see it illustrated, and watch it in motion. In short, this CD-ROM gives you the tools you need to understand and use medical terminology correctly in all your communications, written or verbal.
Definitions, Spelling, Pronunciation and Much Moreó
- More than 107,000 terms, including 5,000 new terms, are defined by the most trusted name in medical references.
- 30 appendices include cancer classification systems and the Institute for Safe Medication Practicesí List of Error-Prone Abbreviations, Symbols, and Dose Designations.
- Usage notes highlight common errors of usage, spelling, and pronunciation.
- Expanded definitions of more than 150 high-profile terms deepen your understanding of their meaning and usage.
Enhanced Multimedia Features include:
- Click-on audio icons displayed alongside approximately 60,000 terms let you hear correct pronunciations.
- 1,800 images, most in full color, illustrate key medical terms and concepts Ė you can see them in context with the definition and then copy them for documentation and presentations.
- Live-action video from Aclandís Video Atlas of Human Anatomy present anatomy in motion.
Everything You Need, Accessible in an Instant:
- Browse the A-to-Z Index
- Refine your search using wildcards
- Bookmark sections youíll want to revisit
- Create your own customized dictionary!
For almost a century, STEDMANíS has been defining medicine for health care professionals, students, and administrators from around the world. Now with Stedmanís Electronic Medical Dictionary, Version 7.0 for Windows, you can leverage STEDMANíS authoritative content like never before.
Windows: Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, ME, or NT
Stedmanís Electronic Medical Dictionary, v6.0 was compatible with Macintosh, why isnít SEMD v7.0?
At this time, the only version of SEMD v7.0 available is for Windows. A separate Macintosh version of SEMD v7 will be released at a later date, and it will be Mac OS X compatible.
Does Stedmanís Electronic Medical Dictionary also function as a spellchecker for my medical documents?
No. Stedmanís Electronic Medical Dictionary, v7.0, is a stand-alone application that allows you to look up over 107,000 medical terms and their definitions. It also includes additional information on medical terminology such as word origin, written and audio pronunciations, images and tables, animations, and more. If you are looking for a program that will spellcheck the medical, pharmaceutical, and bioscience terms in your medical documents, we recommend Stedmanís Plus Spellchecker.
Click here for a User's Guide in PDF format.