Author By Nicola Ackerman, BSc(Hons) RVN CertSAN AI MBVNA, Senior Medical Nurse, The Veterinary Hospital Group; Council member of BVNA and Victoria Aspinall, BVSc, MRCVS, Director, Abbeydale Vetlink Veterinary Training Ltd, Gloucester, UK
Format Pageburst on VitalSource eBook
Copyright Year 2011
The Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing has established itself as a recommended standard text for all veterinary nurses. It is designed both to satisfy the requirements of the syllabus studied by all student veterinary nurses and to provide a wide range of information for qualified nurses working in veterinary practice. This new second edition has been updated and revised to align it perfectly with the needs of a new generation of students.
New to This Edition
- Improved website offers a range of film clips of essential procedures, introduced and narrated by Victoria Aspinall - plus comprehensive test-yourself questions in both study and assessment modes.
- All chapters revised and updated in line with changes in legislation, knowledge and current practical techniques.
- Brand new chapters on Ethics and Welfare, Communication and Physiotherapy.
- New section on Nursing Care Models to provide veterinary nurses with the necessary information to use this concept in their own practices.
- Dog behaviour chapter updated and revised to reflect the latest thinking about the process of domestication of the dog and its relevance to training methods.
- Additional photographs added throughout for enhanced understanding and clarity.
- Entire text accessible as an e-book with full note-making, referencing and search functionality.
. Comprehensive content endorsed by all leading course providers
. Full colour illustrations for maximum clarity
. Written by veterinary nurses for veterinary nurses
. Additional online resources to maximize learning potential
Pageburst on VitalSource eBook