Author By Sue Fitzmaurice
Copyright Year 2010
Length 352 Pages
Saunders Solutions in Veterinary Practice consists of a series of practical handbooks on selected medical topics on specific veterinary problems. Case-based, this series is aimed at the small animal veterinary practitioner who has qualified less than 10 years and needs quick access to information and wants to increase his/her confidence on handling that range of cases that cover the spectrum that lies between the simple routine first-opinion case and the referral.
Saunders Solutions in Veterinary Practice provides additional knowledge that leads to improved skills and practice for veterinary practitioners. Not only practitioners, but also veterinary students nearing the end of their course will find this series very useful to brush up their knowledge in a particular area. The volumes are also written with the veterinary nurse in mind with a particular interest in a specific topic, using ‘Nurse Boxes’ in the text to guide them to the specific information they need.
- new approach: clinical cases offering examination, treatment options, clinical tips relevant for the general small animal veterinary practitioner - all case descriptions based on common template
- offers synoptic, easy accessible and essential information
- provides essential information on selected topics
- authorship ensures accuracy of information
- relevant to all general practitioners
- written to increase the skill and practice the general veterinary practitioner
- intend to meet CPD-need, but focus on: differential diagnosis and practical case handling
- offers self-assessment features at the end of every chapter making it relevant for veterinary students as well
- broad readership: practitioners and students indicated in the text by ‘ Notes for Vets’; nurses indicated in the text by ‘Notes for Nurses’ and pet owners indicated in the text by ‘ Notes for Pet Owners’
- handy format with flexi cover
- species covered to be limited to cats, dogs and rabbits
- full colour throughout
Saunders Ltd.Format Type:
9 11/16 X 7 7/16 in
Published Review: ''Several textbooks of veterinary neurology have been published just recently. This in itself is an indication of the rapid expansion of knowledge in this area of clinical expertise. Fortunately the diverse approaches to the subject have meant that these new books are complimentary rather than repetitious. The author has used a novel approach to the clinical material in this book; the description of each clinical condition provided with a specific case report giving details of the investigation, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up.''
"a great book for those wanting to start understanding small animal neurology and those who want a quick reference to search clinical cases, but don’t want to read extensively before obtaining some answers."
Veterinary Record, July 2010
"A great addition to the Saunders Solutions in Veterinary Practice series. I would recommend it to general practitioners with a desire to demystify the challenges of neurological cases and I would consider the book to be highly useful addition to the library of any veterinary practice."
The Veterinary Journal, April 2011
Table of Contents