Features & Benefits New to this Edition:
- Employs larger format for easier appreciation of delineations
- Shadings and second color make the line drawings easier to interpret
- Indicates the course of major blood vessels on the radiograms as well as the vascular domains of the brain arteries
- The myeloarchitectonic atlas contains 69 coronal diagrams depicting the entire hemisphere (cortex and subcortex)
- Mounts the drawings into the Talairach space
Additional material on the CD-ROM Macroscopic atlas:
- Full color anatomical sections
- Drawings of anatomical sections colored for different tissues
- 3-D visualization of MRI Myeloarchitectonic atlas:
- Includes original myelin stained sections, allowing overlay of delineations
- Links from myelin stained sections to Nissl stains
- Presents all relevant literature referring to the represented brain in full text, along with the figures and search functionality
"The excellent quality of the photographs shows the myeloarchitecture of the brain in impressive pictures...This book was written to be helpful in the solution of clinical problems and is of greatest value for the radiologist, neurologist or neurologically working scientist."
- Mammalian Biology (2005)
This is the second edition of this very successful Atlas that received the Award of Excellence from the American Association of Publishers and is the gold standard for human brain atlases. The new edition is completely redesigned, with additional magnetic resonance images, line drawings, and an extensively expanded section of coronal images. The number of hemisphere sections has been doubled, and all planes of sections are now available in 3-D models placed within the Talairach space. The format of the atlas has been enlarged and the information reorganized on the page for improved functionality. The completely revised and redesigned CD-ROM now comes standard with the book.