Surgical Procedure Programs
Using these exciting new programs, you can set your own pace as you acquire new laparoscopic skills, refine and adapt your current skills, and learn to make optimal use of both surgical personnel and todays surgical and visualization equipment. Simply by pointing and clicking, you can benefit from:
- Narrated full-color video detailing each step of the procedure
- Expert commentary on potential pitfalls, technical pointers and tips, and other invaluable first-hand advice
- Extensive video and still images depicting and labeling all pertinent anatomic structures
- Anatomic and technical pitfalls - and how to avoid them
- Review of recommended OR setups
- Clear guidelines on indications and contraindications ... current statistics on complication rates...up-to-date bibliographies
Handy menu selections let you easily move throughout the program, making it easy to study the material you need to know, at a pace you select!
Patient Education Programs
Designed to be uysed byt he patient in the hospital or surgeons office, these narrated program s take the user through every step of his or her surgery, explaining both the benefits and risks in a thorough, reassuring manner sure to enhance patient comfort and highlight any subject that requires further explanation by the surgeon.
Each program provides simple, direct, thorough answers for your patientss questions, including:
- What is the disease I have, and why did I get it?
- Why is this surgery the best option to treat my condition?
- How can I prepare for my surgery, and what can I do to help assure a favorable outcome?
- What will happen to me in the operating room?
- What will the surgeons do to me during the operation?
- What are the potential risks of the operation?
- How long will my recovery take, and when can I return to work? Of special note - this program requires no special computer skills. The narrator prompts the user to click the mouse as each step is completed and understood. The user can always go back to review, but cannot skip forward. Each section ends with a brief post-test to assure the patients comprehension.