Thoroughly revised and updated, the 3rd Edition concisely covers the clinical aspects of allergic and clinical immunologic diseases. More than 645 illustrations—450 in full color—clarify complex concepts and aid in the recognition, diagnosis and management. Coverage has been expanded to reflect the latest advances and developments in the field—including all-new coverage of clinical immunology. Plus, a CD-ROM, bound in the book, offers convenient access to all of the book’s outstanding illustrations which can be downloaded into PowerPoint for presentations.
With 28 additional contributing experts.
- Offers a wealth of excellent four-color illustrations to aid in clinical diagnosis.
- Features highlighted tables of information throughout including Differential Diagnosis and Symptoms, Management & Treatment.
- Presents essential clinical information for understanding the basis, as well as the recognition, diagnosis and management of specific diseases.
New to this Edition
- Provides brand-new coverage of clinical immunology with chapters on autoimmune disease * rheumatoid arthritis * lupus * vasculitis * autoimmune endocrinopathies * and immunotherapy.
- Features a new chapter on Latex Allergy.
- Uses Therapeutic Principles and Key Concepts boxes to give readers quick access to information.
- Includes allergen standardization/information/therapy for Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, Australia, and South America for guidance on treating patients worldwide.