Copyright Year 2004
Length 240 Pages
Illustrations 550 Illustrations
This practical and highly accessible new atlas illustrates the most commonly performed radiographically directed diagnostic and therapeutic spinal procedures with more than 550 images. Each chapter follows the same consistent format—beginning with a definition and review of the literature and progressing through the rationale for the procedure, the required equipment and supplies, and coverage of informed consent issues and patient selection to the how-tos of the procedure. The procedures are described with easy-to-follow tables. Skeletal radiographs demonstrating the pertinent anatomy on actual specimens are followed by multiple examples of both easy and challenging cases.
- Covers a wide range of procedures including epidural steroid injection • nerve root blocks • sacroiliac joint injections • facet joint procedures • discography • percutaneous needle biopsy • kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty • intradiscal electrothermal annuloplasty (IDET) and myelography.
- Offers clear photographs of injection sites to ensure proper needle placement
- Addresses commonly encountered pitfalls and complications, concerns not addressed in other texts.
- Shows how to determine which back structure is generating pain and which injection site will provide relief.
- Discusses procedures based on carefully analyzed utility of state-of-the-art-techniques in actual clinical practice
- Presents an extensive review of the literature and discusses the theoretical background and assumptions related to scientific and technical methodology.