|A.D.A.M. Inside Out|
Coming December 2009! A.D.A.M. Inside Out will combine the award-winning content and features of the Nine Month Miracle and A.D.A.M. The Inside Story to give your students a truly unique experience through the human body. This new online resource is a visual introduction to the secrets of the human body and childbirth that includes updated high resolution graphics, animations and illustrations and a brand new interface for better ease of navigation. Perfect for teachers and students teaching or studying:
- General Biology
- Life Sciences
- Sex Education
- Family Life Curriculum
Over 50% larger screen views allow students to explore the body layer-by-layer in A.D.A.M. The Inside Story and join modern-day Adam and Eve as the body's miracles come alive with entertaining animations, video, and sound in their Family Album. Within the Family Album are health, wellness and prevention topics including alcohol and tobacco use, disease prevention, mental and emotional health, first aid and safety and nutrition.
Students can also take an interactive journey into the miracle of pregnancy and childbirth with the Nine Month Miracle, as Adam and Eve join medical experts for a month-by-month guided tour inside the body and body systems as their baby develops.
- Updated! Over 4,000 individual structures can be identified as the human anatomy is revealed from skin to bone in hundreds of layers, viewable in anterior, posterior, lateral and medial views.
- Dramatic in-body photography by world-renowned photographer Lennart Nilsson shows the developing baby, while Dr. Harper, Adam and Eve's "virtual obstetrician" explains the major developments each month.
- Updated! Detailed, accurate animations provide incredible insight on how major organs and body systems develop in The Inside Story, as well as subjects like ultrasound and the stages of labor in the Nine Month Miracle.
- Students follow along month-by-month through pregnancy, learning what to expect as the baby develops.
- Updated! Animation, video, and sound detail normal and abnormal physiological processes.
- Quick reference the glossary of anatomical terms, audio pronunciation, system reference text or challenge your students with interactive anatomy puzzles in The Inside Story, while a glossary of terms and printable text references from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists supply in-depth information on important pregnancy topics in the Nine Month Miracle.
- Valuable reference text includes information on each of the body systems to assist instructors building their curriculum and help students learn more about a particular topic of study.
- Updated! All new fully-rotating 3D anatomical images help students identify important structures, then take an animated tour through each designated body part.
- Updated! Self quizzes allow students to test their knowledge of each body system.
- Updated! “Emily's New Sister”, a special section for children ages 3-9, tells the story of a new baby through the eyes of 7-year old Emily. Cartoon animations explain tough questions like "Where Do Babies Come From?" and "How Does the Baby Come Out?"
- Print capabilities and supplemental detailed bank of images.
- Convenient online access
- All new graphics, animations and illustrations, including all new Adam and Eve
- Larger screen size for better viewing
- All new interface for better ease of navigation
- Updated 3D images, quizzes and family albums
- Includes a modesty setting that locks out the reproductive system and covers male and female genitals with "fig leaves"
- Ability to remove the Nine Month Miracle section for schools that do not require it in their curriculum