The Atlas of Image-Guided Intervention in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine is a practical guide for practitioners who perform interventional procedures with radiographic guidance to alleviate acute or chronic pain. The author provides an overview of each technique, with detailed full-color illustrations of the relevant anatomy, technical aspects of each treatment, and a description of potential complications. For this revised and expanded Second Edition, the author also discusses indications for each technique, as well as medical evidence on the technique's applicability. The new edition features original drawings by a noted medical artist and for the first time includes three-dimensional CT images that correlate with the radiographic images and illustrations for a fuller understanding of the relevant anatomy.
- NEW: 3D CT with reconstruction
- NEW: Dual lead placement, i.e. cervical and lumbar placement
- NEW: Intra-articular injections of the knee and hip
- NEW: Updated radiation safety guidelines
- Combination of anatomical diagrams with radiological images
- Detailed descriptions of patient positioning for each procedure
- Strong emphasis on the imaging