Psychology - Clinical & Experimental
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside the United States. It is a pocketbook for trainees in psychiatry which gives instant access to the information psychiatrists need in acute clinical situations – how to assess the patient, how to effectively manage psychiatric emergencies as well as the accurate diagnosis and management of common psychiatric conditions.
- Instant-access pocketbook of psychiatry covering patient assessment, diagnosis and management of common psychiatric conditions and psychiatric emergencies
- Concentrates on the information needed while on the ward or in the emergency department, using an easily accessible style with bullet points and short paragraphs
- The first section, which covers patient assessment, is particularly useful for the clinical sections of the MRCPsych and similar exams
- The second section covers typical presentations such as the deluded patient, the aggressive patient, the suicidal patient and is ideal for 'instant access' in the emergency department
- The third section covers psychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia and depressive disorders, concentrating on common and difficult diagnostic issues and management rather than 'textbook' subjects such as aetiology.