Geriatrics & Gerontology
This presentation focuses on the identification of integumentary and immune impairments, behavioral manifestations that are common to these impairments, and therapeutic responses. The participant learns to identify coping skills and differentiate between positive and negative reactions. Professional assessments and therapies to address behavioral responses are explored via a multimedia approach.
After completing this activity, the participant should be able to:
- name two physical barriers of the integumentary system.
- name the four structures that make up the immune system.
- identify the two types of immunity and describe two types of immune disorders.
- list four behavioral manifestations exhibited by older people with immune disorders.
- identify three ways a multidisciplinary team can assist in developing a care plan to address the behavioral manifestations of older people with immune disorders.