|A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology|
Ten modules include:
Cardiovascular, Muscular, Respiratory, Nervous, Urinary, Fluids & Electrolytes, Nervous II, Endocrine, Digestive, and Immune
- NEW! Digestive System module tutorials include Anatomy Review, Control of Digestion, Motility, Secretion, and Digestion and Absorption.
- NEW! Pause button allows you to move through the animations at your own pace.
- Detailed topic explanations are supported by full-action animations that take students step-by-step through the material–IP makes topics at the cellular and process levels visible and dynamic.
- Each topic includes an overview, detailed step-by-step explanation, and quizzing.
- Each topic begins with a “What you need to know” list of concepts students need to understand to succeed in the topic. Concepts in the list are “hot-linked” to additional content for students who need to review.
- On-screen quizzes, available at all times, provide students the opportunity to check their understanding.
- On-screen help is available at any time.
- Page references are updated to correspond with Marieb’s Human Anatomy and Physiology, Seventh Edition and Martini’s, Fundamentals of Anatomy & Physiology, Seventh Edition.
This series of nine programs provides the best way to learn the hardest parts of anatomy and physiology. Co-developed with Benjamin- Cummings, these CD-ROMS use richly detailed graphics, animation, sound, video and interactive quizzes to bridge the gap between simply memorizing a concept and truly understanding it. Health care professionals will find this series of self-paced, programmed instruction to be a superb refresher course and reference source, as well as a communication tool to share concepts with patients and peers.
These modules are based on the #1 Best Selling Anatomy & Physiology book by Elaine N. Marieb, R.N., Ph.D. Each interactive CD contains topics that fit the following criteria:
- the toughest topics in the course or seminar-those topics that clinicians find most difficult to master and instructors find difficult to teach
- physiological processes that lend themselves well to multimedia-things that move, change over time, or involve correlating multiple and simultaneous events
These Interactive Physiology modules will help health care providers dig deeply into the most challenging material in the course and come out with a richer, more vivid understanding of principles that will last long after the course or seminar is complete. Excellent as an initial training tool or as a reference source for any level of the health care profession.
- Anatomy Review - Each Body System begins with an "Anatomy Review," giving students a chance to brush up on the necessary anatomy that will be covered in the body system.
- Animations - Animations show physiological processes in action. They can be paused, stepped through, or repeated to make it easier to comprehend processes that change over time, to correlate multiple events, or to relate physiological functions with graphical representations. Animations concentrate on cellular and molecular processes.
- Self-Quizzes - Self-quizzes test and reinforce students' understanding of concepts with interactive exercises that encourage critical thinking and problem solving. Engaging animations allow students to predict outcomes and test their understanding. Students can return to the topic for a quick review with the click of a link button.
- On-Screen Glossaries - Important terminology presented in "hot" form, so that users can access on-screen glossaries and additional information.
- Textbook Correlations - Students can access the appropriate chapter outline from Human Anatomy and Physiology, Third Edition, by Elaine N. Marieb, R.N., Ph.D. to help correlate the module topics with the relevant pages and figures in the textbook.
- Learning Goals - Every topic contains learning goals for the student and a brief list of what the learner should know before proceeding.
- Virtual Professor - Additional clarification and emphasis on important, difficult concepts are provided by Elaine Marieb, who appears on-screen as the "Virtual Professor."
- Four-color art and animation program provides a vivid and accessible explanation of difficult physiology topics.
- Interactivity is provided through a variety of navigation menus, quizzes, and the ability to stop and review topics at any point.
- This product is unique--no similar multimedia software exists.
- Explanations and full-action animations describe topics in a detailed and patient manner. Frequently the topics covered occur at the cellular level--IP makes these topics visible and dynamic.
- The "Virtual Professor" , short movies of Elaine Marieb that appear on-screen during difficult topics, provides additional explanation and support.
- Concepts are structured to provide an overview, detailed explanation, and quizzing mechanisms. The linear presentation can be changed with the use of navigational menus.
- Content is detailed, with up to ten topics covered and an average of twenty-five screens per topic.
- An overview of topics precedes each topic to provide users with an understanding of the material covered in that section.
- Important terminology is "hot" , which provides users with an on-screen glossary by clicking directly on the term.
- A variety of menus for navigation allow users to move from topic to topic, or screen to screen.
- On-screen help is available at any time.
- On-screen quizzes, available at all times, provides students with the ability to check their understanding.
- Topics are preceded by a list of concepts students need to understand to succeed. This list of concepts is "hot-linked" directly to additional content for preparation.
||Download and Recommended Hardware Requirements
- Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8
- Firefox 2.0+
- Safari 3.0+
- Windows 7
- Windows XP SP2 Home/Pro
- Windows Vista Home/Pro
- Mac OS X 10.4 or 10.5
- Latest version of Adobe Shockwave Player
- Latest version of Adobe Flash Player
- Latest version of Adobe Reader
- 1024X768 Display Resolution
Table of Contents
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, CD-ROM - Student Version , Single User - 10 Modules
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Student Version , Single User - 10 System Suite,CD-ROM
- Interactive Physiology 10 System Suite CD Single User Institutional Edition
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Institutional Edition - 6 User Lab Pack - 10 Modules & Instructor CD-ROM
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Institutional Edition - 10 User Lab Pack - 10 Modules & Instructor CD-ROM
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Institutional Edition - 20 User Lab Pack - 10 Modules & Instructor CD-ROM
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Institutional Edition - 30 User Lab Pack - 10 Modules & Instructor CD-ROM
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Institutional Edition - 40 User Lab Pack - 10 Modules & Instructor CD-ROM
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Institutional Edition - 50 User Lab Pack - 10 Modules & Instructor CD-ROM
- A.D.A.M. Interactive Physiology, Nervous System I, CD-ROM - Student Version