The past few years have witnessed intense research in this fascinating field as well as many controversial discussions. Now the time is ripe for a comprehensive book covering not only theoretical aspects, but also such mechanistic topics as principles and mechanisms of photoinduced charge injection, transport and trapping in DNA, sequence-dependent DNA dynamics, spectroscopic investigations of hole transport and much more.
From the contents:
- Principles and Mechanisms of Photoinduced Charge Injection, Transport and Trapping in DNA
- Sequence-Dependent DNA Dynamics: The Regulator of DNA-Mediated Charge Transport
- Excess Electron Transfer in DNA Probed with Flavin and Thymine Dimer Modified Oligonucleotides
- Dynamics of Photoinitiated Hole and Electron Injection in Duplex DNA
- Spectroscopic Investigation of Oxidative Hole Transfer via Adenine Hopping in DNA
- Chemical Probing of Reductive Electron Transfer in DNA
- Chemical Approach for Modulating Hole Transport in DNA
- Spectroscopic Investigation of Charge Transfer in DNA
- Spectroscopic Probing of Ultrafast Structural Relaxation and Electron Transfer Dynamics in DNA
Edited by Hans-Achim Wagenknecht, and written by renowned international authors, this book provides an excellent overview with high quality contributions, making it a "must-have" for everyone working in the field.