A complete and up-to-date listing of all drugs known to deplete the body of nutritional compounds.
NEW IN THIS EDITION
- An increased number of drugs in the alphabetical listing of drugs section (serves more as a drug index)
- Not all drugs listed cause a nutrient depletion and this is noted in the nutrients depleted field.
- An asterisk following the generic name identifies a drug that causes a nutrient depletion.
- Monographs have been condensed to highlight the depletion rather than the drug.
- Alphabetical Listing of Nutrients and Drugs that Deplete section lists the nutrients and provides cross-references by page number to the drugs that deplete
- Approximately 70 new summaries added to abstracts and studies section
Alphabetical Listing of Drugs:
- Condensed monographs on most commonly prescribed drugs
- Asterisks identify drugs that cause depletion
- Cross-referenced by page number to nutrients depleted
- Key points of information include: scientific basis and references to abstracts & studies section
Alphabetical Listing of Nutrients and the Drugs That Deplete:
Cross-Referenced by page number to drugs that deplete
Alphabetical Listing of Nutrient Monographs:
- Concise descriptions of the Effects of Depletion
- Biological Function and Effect
- Sources of Repletion
- RDA, Dosage Range, and Dietary Sources for nutrients
Abstracts & Studies:
- Over 500 summaries of scientific studies corresponding to the drug monograph
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion Table (Quick Reference)
- Nutrition Depletion and Cancer Chemotherapy
- Herb/Nutrient Depletions
- Food-Drug Interactions, Key Summary