Rapid developments in biotechnology create a demand for practical, up-to-date reviews written by and for experts in industry. This compact handbook provides all relevant up-to-date information on important bioseparation and bioprocessing techniques that are actively applied in the biotechnology industries. The handbook presents an applications-orientated overview on
- case studies and general strategies for quality control and characterization
- detailed guidelines on developing economic and technically feasible bioseparation schemes
- strategies and methods for intracellular bioproduct release
- chromatographic and membrane downstream processes used in biotechnology
- applications of modern non-invasive methods such as neural networks for on-line estimation and control of fermentation variables on an industrial scale
- a practical, commercially-relevant guide to biosafety
and many more aspects which are indispensible for present and future industrial success.