Engineering - Electrical Engineering
- Provides a gradual approach to each topic, making the important and difficult concepts remarkably accessible
- Reviews each topic in detail when presented for the first time, supplying thorough knowledge of the "big picture"
- Presents the latest developments at the leading edge of the field
- Surveys all major topics that form the basis of MR image processing
- Includes many original research and experimental results from leading experts around the globe
The popularity of magnetic resonance (MR) imaging in medicine is no mystery: it is non-invasive, it produces high quality structural and functional image data, and it is very versatile and flexible. Research into MR technology is advancing at a blistering pace, and modern engineers must keep pace with the latest developments. This is only possible with a firm grounding in the basic principles of MR, and Advanced Image Processing in Magnetic Resonance Imaging solidly integrates this foundational knowledge with the latest advances in the field.
Beginning with the basics of signal and image generation and reconstruction, the book covers in detail the signal processing techniques and algorithms, filtering techniques for MR images, quantitative analysis including image registration and integration of EEG and MEG techniques with MR, and MR spectroscopy techniques. The final section of the book explores functional MRI (fMRI) in detail, discussing fundamentals and advanced exploratory data analysis, Bayesian inference, and nonlinear analysis. Much of the results presented in the book are derived from the contributors' own work, imparting highly practical experience through experimental and numerical methods.
Contributed by international experts at the forefront of the field, Advanced Image Processing in Magnetic Resonance Imaging is an indispensable guide for anyone interested in further advancing the technology and capabilities of MR imaging.