Nursing - Administration & Management
After watching this video, the participant should be able to:
- 1. compare and contrast the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) historical approach in collecting data and establishing quality measurements.
- 2. identify three reasons behind the alignment of CMS and JCAHO quality initiatives.
- 3. discuss the concept of the data dictionary, its expansion, and what role it plays in the merging of quality initiatives.
- 4. identify the National Quality Measures for acute myocardial infarction, heart failure, pneumonia, pregnancy and related conditions, and surgical infection prevention.
- 5. list special circumstances and situations that deal with the JCAHO Performance Measurement System.