Each thoroughly researched drug monograph provides important details about indications, drug interactions and other precautions, pharmacology/pharmacokinetics, side and adverse effects, patient consultation guidance, dosing information, dosage forms and more on more than 11,000 prescription and OTC drugs. Both labeled and off-label uses are covered to facilitate third-party payer reimbursement. The print edition of USP DI Volume I has 43 new monographs and 173 revised monographs.
USP DI® Drug Reference Guides
Impartial, consensus-based resources to help answer your drug information needs
Obtaining drug information has become easier, but ensuring the accuracy of that information is not necessarily as easy. USP DI® Drug Reference Guides are compiled and reviewed by USP Advisory Panels comprising over 800 volunteer healthcare experts. Impartial, consensus-based, and reliable, USP DI drug information is subject to external/public review by hundreds of individuals from medical, pharmacy, nursing, and dental schools; state and national medical and pharmacy organizations; consumer groups; government agencies; and manufacturers. Only USP DI drug data undergoes such an intensive review process, which means you can use USP references with complete confidence.
Available USP DI® Drug Reference Guides:
- Volume I: Drug Information for the Health Care Professional
- Volume II: Advice for the Patient®
- Volume III: Approved Drug Products and Legal Requirements
- USP DI Volumes I and II are available through MICROMEDEX® Healthcare Series, in printed books, or on the Desktop Series CD-ROM. USP DI Volume III is available in a printed book only.
USP DI® Drug Reference Guides are ideal for…
- Pharmacists, physicians, nurses, and all healthcare professionals
- Professional and consumer healthcare websites
- Pharmacy, hospital, and physician information systems
- Medical school faculty, students, and libraries
Why you need USP DI Reference Guides…
- Provides a U.S. federal government-recognized resource for drug utilization review (DUR), unlabeled use reimbursement, and patient education
- Contains current, accurate, in-depth data thoroughly reviewed, evaluated, and updated by clinical experts
- Offers a variety of electronic licensing opportunities enabling easy integration into a variety of applications
- Presents data relied upon and respected among international healthcare organizations and educators