Copyright Year 2010
MED003050 MEDICAL / Allied Health Services / Occupational Therapy
CLOTH, NO PAPER
Occupational therapists are expected to maintain their knowledge of best practice by independently keeping up to date on the latest research. With Interventions, Effects, and Outcomes in Occupational Therapy: Adults and Older Adults, Drs. Mary Law and Mary Ann McColl have assembled the evidence for effectiveness of occupational therapy for adults and older adults.
Interventions, Effects, and Outcomes in Occupational Therapy brings together the latest published peer-reviewed literature, conceptual approaches, outcome measures, and intervention approaches to address the three main areas by:
• Identifying a finite set of interventions which occupational therapists deliver most often, and providing details of those intervention approaches
• Identifying where the research evidence shows that occupational therapists can achieve specific positive effects as a result of those interventions
• Identifying the outcome measures most commonly and reliably used by researchers in occupational therapy to demonstrate the effects of interventions
Drs. Mary Law and Mary Ann McColl have comprehensively reviewed all of the intervention effectiveness literature for occupational therapy provided for adults. The material reviewed crosses all diagnostic categories and areas of practice for adults and older adults. Analysis of over 500 research studies and systematic reviews form the basis for this book.
Who will benefit from the text:
• Occupational therapy students will learn about the most effective occupational therapy interventions for adults and older adults, and how to measure outcomes after these interventions.
• Clinicians will be able to identify the practices for which most evidence exists of effectiveness.
• Researchers will be provided with a synthesis of current methods, approaches, measures and results of intervention studies in occupational therapy.
• Decision makers will be able to assess the effectiveness of occupational therapy programs and make strategic investments in occupational therapy to achieve the greatest benefit for their clients.
• Occupational therapy managers, institutional administrators, and government funders will find information to support investments in the most effective occupational therapy practices to ensure the maximum occupational performance, health, and well-being for their constituents.
Interventions, Effects, and Outcomes in Occupational Therapy brings together and evaluates the research and evidence on the effectiveness of occupational therapy. The text will also provide a summary of the strengths and weakness of previous research on the topic, as well as a guide to the most common and appropriate outcome measures in the area.
Never before has there been a text that so clearly assembles the evidence for the effectiveness of occupational therapy.