Phacodynamics: Mastering the Tools and Techniques of Phacoemulsification Surgery has helped thousands of surgeons understand and benefit from the advantages of phaco technology. The revised, expanded, and updated Fourth Edition of this classic text includes over 300 simple, yet elegant, figures and illustrations detailing the latest machine technologies and surgical techniques.
In addition to examining the intricate relationship between the surgeon and the phaco machine, Dr. Barry Seibel profiles how the most recent advancements in machine technology can enhance your surgical procedures and optimize your results. With schematic figures and illustrations to accompany the detailed descriptions, surgeons can readily identify and distinguish between various flow pumps, vacuum pumps, and ultrasound power modulations. Surgery can then be customized moment by moment for each individual patient to maximize safety and efficacy.
New topics included that are unique to this Fourth Edition:
- Bimanual Microincision Phaco
- Ultrasound Power Modulations including Burst and Pulse Modes
- AquaLase and Laser Surgical Technologies
- Expanded Horizontal Chopping Techniques including PreChop
- Vertical Chopping Techniques and Instrumentation
- Bimanual Irrigation and Aspiration
- Phacodynamic Complications
- Phacodynamics of Surgical Instrument Design
Phacodynamics, Fourth Edition utilizes a simplified approach to explain all the latest advancements in phaco technology and surgery and should be in the hands of all surgeons practicing in this specialized area.