Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Part of Delmar Learning's National Center for Telecommunications Technologies series, this new book offers a complete, concise and practical introduction to fiber optic communications. Coverage begins with a brief history, and explanation of the advantages of fiber optics, and a description of basic telecommunication systems. Increased coverage of basic optics and communications provide the background for understanding modern fiber-optics devices. Full of detailed descriptions of actual systems applications, the book concludes with practical instruction on the installation and troubleshooting of fiber optic communications networks and systems.
- scores of practical examples help readers make the connection between theoretical concepts and practical applications
- plentiful illustrations, graphs, and tables further strengthen the links between theory and practice
- advanced concepts presented in easy-to-understand terms
- extensive end-of-chapter questions allow readers to practice concepts they have just learned
- content can be covered in a single semester if desired, and is suitable for use in two or four-year telecommunications, electronics technology, or information systems technology programs