Engineering - Electrical Engineering
The variable frequency drive industry is growing rapidly, and it is now more important than ever for technicians and maintenance personnel to keep VFD installations running smoothly! Part of the Electrician's Technical Reference Series, this field guide is ideal for gaining access to information about variable frequency drives, including how they work, how to apply them, and how to troubleshoot them. A hands-on reference, Variable Frequency Drives contains sufficient information for a technician to troubleshoot any AC variable frequency drive, virtually eliminating the need for manufacturer-specific manuals! Both industrial and commercial variable frequency drive applications are addressed, with discussion of installation issues, troubleshooting, metering, sizing and selection, energy savings with variable frequency drives, and more. A final chapter preps readers for future developments in variable frequency drive technology, while appendices feature addresses of relevant organizations and a bibliography of suggested readings.
- Troubleshooting trees are included to guide technicians logically through the steps required for successful variable frequency drive repairs
- Speed, torque and horsepower formulas and tables present basic concepts of electricity and power transmission as they relate to VFDs.
- Examples of how to draw conclusions from minimal field and motor data are provided.
- Straightforward discussion aimed at addressing the maintenance of VFDs, harmonic distortion, premature failures, and long cable lengths is featured.
- Durable hardcover makes it easy to take Variable Frequency Drives into the field.