Engineering - Electrical Engineering
Create larger and more useful mobile robots! Ideal for serious hobbyists, Applied Robotics II begins by discussing PMDC motor operation and criteria for selecting drive, arm, hand and neck motors. Subsequent chapters delve into complex topics, from rolling platform design considerations to neural networks and more. Detailed instructions for building specific systems plus in-depth exploration of artificial intelligence (AI), vision and other advanced concepts are included. Instructive illustrations, schematics, part numbers and sources are also provided, making this book a “must” for advanced builders with a keen interest in moving from simple reflexes to autonomous, AI-based robots.
- thorough coverage of batteries, motors and motor control illustrates that demands on these components increase as robots get bigger
- use of an MCU reflex net and computer network shows readers how to gain greater flexibility and power
- individual chapters delve deeply into self-organizing brain architecture, memory, and episodic learning, robot vision and language, and more
- chapter-end projects, plus a coherent project thread throughout the book, put robot builders on a critical path to success
- starting where Wise's Applied Robotics I (Order # 0-7906-1184-8) leaves off allows novices to step up to bigger and more complex robots