Allied Health - Emergency Care
The perfect complement to our Firefighter's Handbook, this set of four videos leads viewers, step-by-step, through processes and procedures used every day by highly trained firefighters on the job. Available on video or CD-ROM, each tape uses a unique blend of simulated action sequences, professional-quality animations, and helpful graphics to assist viewers in acquiring vitally important technical knowledge and hands-on skills - safely and efficiently. The first video provides complete and extraordinarily detailed instruction in donning, doffing, maintenance, and care of all types of personal protective clothing. Self-contained breathing apparatus is the focus of the second video in the set, while the third video stresses the proper use of portable fire extinguishers to fight all classes of fires. The final video illustrates the when, where, and how of safely using and caring for ground and aerial ladders. In addition to developing practical skills, when viewed in its entirety, this exciting video set equips viewers with the knowledge needed to make sound decisions about the use and care of personal and protective equipment in even the most highly charged firefighting situations.
- A success-proven, programmed instructional system enables every viewer to gain valuable technical information as well as practical, hands-on skills.
- Skills and procedures correlate directly to firefighter job requirements as outlined in NFPA 101 and are depicted realistically and with unprecedented accuracy.
- Safety is emphasized in each video, with attention to the proper use and maintenance of all varieties of personal and protective equipment.
- Objectives, pre- and post-tests (with answers), applied academic questions, and discussion questions are included in the accompanying Instructor's Manual, reducing prep time.
- Run-times range from approximately 15 minutes to 25 minutes per tape, making it easy to integrate these videos into any fire service education or professional training program.