Allied Health - Dental Auxiliaries
Designed to meet the needs of Dental Materials courses, Delmar Learning’s Guide to Dental Materials for the Dental Assistant is professionally written by a credentialed, career dental assistant and dental assisting educator. This resource meets or exceeds DANB requirements to prepare for the dental materials portion of the national certification test. “Practice Makes Perfect Procedures” skill sheets provide students with the opportunity to put into practice what they have learned from reading the chapters. Assessment sheets allow the instructor to assess the learner's mastery of the skills covered in the chapters. This book also includes critical thinking questions as well as post-test questions so learner's can further test their comprehension of the material.
- Learning Objectives and Key Terms
- "Practice Makes Perfect Procedures" which are hands-on procedures that help the student put into practice the information and techniques outlined and learned in the chapter
- Assessment Sheets at the end of the chapters (except for the first and last chapters) for student and instructor assessment of skills mastery in working with specific dental materials covered in the chapter.
- Critical Thinking and Post Test Questions
- Numerous Tables illustrating pertinent
- Icons used to depict additional necessary items required to ensure protection against bloodborne disease transmission.