Allied Health - Long Term Care Personnel
This best-selling resource provides the theoretical and skills content nursing assistants require for the successful completion of the certification test. A major goal of the content is to help nursing assistants develop an understanding of the principles on safe and effective care of residents in long-term care. Core values stressed include empathy, caring, communication skills, and respect for residents and their families. Special emphasis is placed on ensuring resident's rights, adequate nutrition and hydration, maintenance of mobility, psychosocial interactions, and a safe environment. Liberal illustrations aid in visual learning.
- Expanded content on nutrition and hydration: maintaining adequate nutrition and hydration are keys to the overall well-being of residents in long-term care
- Emergency content on CPR updated to the 2000 guidelines from the American Heart Association
- New lesson on alternative therapies introduces nursing assistants to the non-traditional health practices residents may bring to the long-term care facility
- More "Building Cultural Awareness" boxes to help nursing assistants communicate with and provide better care to residents from a variety of cultures
- "On the Job" inserts to help nursing assistants make the transition form the classroom to the reality of the long-term care facility
- Increased emphasis on restorative care to help residents maintain optimum function and mobility