|Biomechanical Basis of Human Movement|
Joseph Hamill PhD
Professor, Department of Exercise Science, Biomechanics Laboratory, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MAKathleen Knutzen PhD
Professor, Department of Physical Education, Health, and Recreation, Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Orthopedics & Orthopedic Surgery|
Help your students understand the full continuum of human movement potential with the Fourth Edition of this rigorous—yet understandable—introductory text on the market.
Focusing on the quantitative nature of biomechanics, Biomechanical Basis of Movement, Fourth Edition
integrates current literature, meaningful numerical examples, relevant applications, hands-on exercises, and functional anatomy, physics, calculus, and physiology to help your students develop a holistic understanding of human movement. The book’s chapters are essentially self-contained, allowing you maximum teaching flexibility in structuring your course.
The Fourth Edition offers new content, new examples and applications, and online teaching and learning resources to save you time and help your students succeed. Instructor Resources:
- NEW! A robust problem generator randomly generates an unlimited number of numerical problems you can assign to students for practice and self-testing.
- Brownstone test generator, loaded with pre-made text-specific questions, saves you time and makes creating and printing tests easy.
- Pre-loaded PowerPoint presentations speed lecture preparation.
- A complete image bank enhances lecture and exam preparation.
- WebCT and Blackboard Ready Cartridges allow you to connect to your preferred course management system with ease.
Handy online appendices
- Answers to the text’s review questions help students master key concepts.
- Confidence-building practice quizzes allow students to test their understanding of key concepts and prepare for exams.
- MaxTRAQ motion analysis software brings concepts to life and allows students to track data and analyze motion in a in a dynamic, video-enriched environment.
- The fully searchable textbook online is ideal for review on the go!
present information on units of measurement and trigonometric functions, as well as hands- on data, for quick reference.
- A powerful new problem generator randomly generates an unlimited number of quantitative problems for student practice and self-testing.
- New and updated applications drawn from sports, ergonomics, orthopedics, and exercise science (including applications designed to appeal to pre-physical therapy majors) demonstrate the relevance of biomechanics to everyday life and future careers.
- New, streamlined anatomical content keeps focus on biomechanics without sacrificing necessary foundational knowledge.
- Hands-on exercises involve students in working out biomechanics problems to illustrate concepts and build understanding.
- Illustrative and explicit art clarifies important points and makes complex concepts easier to understand.
- In-text references direct students to MaxTRAQ motion analysis software where they can track data and analyze motion in an intuitive online environment.
- Quantitative examples are presented in a detailed, logical manner to build student understanding and dispel misconceptions.
- Citations to current biomechanics literature provide access to the latest research in the field.
- Highlight boxes draw attention to and reinforce key concepts and applications.
- Chapter-ending glossaries help students master the terminology of the field.
- Review Questions, both true/false and multiple-choice, challenge students and allow them to apply concepts to real-world problems.
- Succinct chapter-ending summaries allow students to review, test their understanding, and prepare for quizzes and exams.
Table of Contents