This classic well-illustrated textbook simplifies neuroscience content to focus coverage on the essentials and helps students learn important neuroanatomical facts and definitions. Among its many distinctions are its organization by region and then pathways into and out of the nervous system, which permits students an integrated view of the anatomy and physiology; level of treatment suited to increasingly shorter neuroanatomy course hours for medical and allied health students; and the author's succinct writing style.
- Detailed information about embryology, cytology, comparative anatomy, and physiology as they relate to understanding the human nervous system.
- Pedagogical features aimed at helping students learn, including important facts, clinical notes, definitions for essential terms, and suggested readings.
- Completely revised and updated chapter on Neuroanatomical Research Methods
- Vibrant full-color illustrations
- Glossary of terms and lists of abbreviations for quick reference.
- Illustration depicting all the major pathways.
- Updates to include current trends and terminology.