This best-selling transcription book is now printed in full color, enhancing the anatomical illustrations presented. The book and practice software create a simulation approach, giving learners a working knowledge of the medical reports most commonly used in hospital and ambulatory care settings. Learners transcribe a variety of reports from inpatient case studies taken from actual medical reports. Organized by body system, reports transcribed include history and physical examination, operative, pathology, radiology, and discharge summary.
- Quali-Care Clinic section includes new reports and now total 25 medical reports.
- Free Practice Software CD-ROM packaged with the book provides anatomy labeling exercises, spelling exercises, and additional games that review important information. Microsoft Word templates are provided for the various reports used in the book.
- Audio transcription exercises are available in several formats: audio CD, .WAV files downloaded from the Internet, and audiotapes.
- Audio transcription exercises teach the learner how to transcribe a series of medical reports based on individual patient cases, an approach that simulates working as a professional transcriptionist.
- An Internet Resources section assists learners by providing helpful medical transcription Web sites.