Status Out of Print
Copyright Year 2010
Length 900 Pages
Caveat Out of print, Non-Returnable for credit.
Rely on Red Book for:
- Drug utilization review
- Market analysis and research
- Prescription pricing and
- Establishing and validating reimbursement
- Claims adjudication, processing, and validation
- Drug-pricing research
- Generic substitution
- Therapeutic interchange
- Competitive analysis
- Formulary development
- A source for AWP and WAC
Whether conducting a pricing analysis, substituting a more cost-effective drug, or managing a claims adjudication, RED BOOK™ helps you quickly answer drug-related questions with information on prescription and over-the-counter drugs, nutraceuticals, bulk chemicals, and nondrug items.
PROMOTES COST CONTAINMENT
- RED BOOK aids in insurance and health plan formulary management by providing accurate and up to date information available from drug manufacturers, new findings in efficacy and changes in drug status
- RED BOOK helps you research pricing and look for lower cost alternatives, such as finding equivalent alternatives via the therapeutic classification system or in identifying brand and generic substitutions
HELPS REDUCE MEDICATION ERRORS
- When used with UltiMedex, RED BOOK supports drug interaction checking, which can help lead to reduced medication errors, adverse effects, and duplicate therapy
SUPPORTS APPROPRIATE USE IN THERAPY
- RED BOOK is the same information used by prescribers, and when combined with other Micromedex® drug databases, you get information on comparative efficacy, indications, and the leading CMS approved drug compendia for off-label indications used in more than 3,500 hospitals
PROVIDES LINKS TO PATIENT EDUCATION
- When combined with Thomson Reuters patient education that informs patients of medications and their proper use, RED BOOK helps you increase compliance, reduce costs, and improve outcomes
ASSISTS IN DRUG UTILIZATION REVIEW
- RED BOOK supports prospective and retrospective Drug Utilization Review (DUR) by providing information to identify duplicate therapies, monitor over and under prescribing and reduce adverse drug events.
DELIVERS COMPREHENSIVE AND ACCURATE PRICING
- As drug reimbursement benchmarks are developed, Thomson Reuters and RED BOOK will continue to deliver transparent and consistent drug pricing information.
RED BOOK™ Drug References provide recognized and trusted drug information, including pricing data that can be used with confidence. While some vendors have announced they will stop publishing Average Wholesale Price (AWP) in 2011, Thomson Reuters recognizes that AWP remains an important benchmark and will continue to supply this needed information as part of RED BOOK.
RED BOOK™ is the oldest trusted source of drug pricing information in the U.S. Thomson Reuters’ policy and methodology on AWP has remained consistent, and is available for review here.
In addition to AWP, RED BOOK contains:
- Wholesale Acquisition Cost (WAC)
- Direct Price (DP)
- Suggested Retail Price (SRP)
- Federal Upper Limit (FUL)
- Historical pricing