|Mosby's Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) for the NCLEX-RN ® Examination - Boxed Version|
Dolores F. Saxton, RN, BSEd, MA, MPS, EdD, President, DFS Enterprises, Farmingdale, NY; Phyllis K. Pelikan, RN, AAS, BS, MA, Professor Emeritus, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY; and Judith S. Green, RN, AA, BA, MA, Professor Emeritus, Nassau Community College, Garden City, NY, Field Supervisor, A & B Health Service, Hicksville, NY
Nursing - Education
Mosby’s Online Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) for NCLEX-RN Examination is a unique testing product that provides students with a testing experience similar to the NCLEX-RN examination. Mosby’s Online CAT is accessed over the Internet and uses a computer-adaptive format to deliver students questions from a bank of 1,800 test items. Students answer between 75 and 265 questions until the program has determined the level of difficulty the student has achieved. Once students have completed Mosby's Online CAT, they receive an instant report on whether they passed or failed the exam, with a prediction of their probability of passing the NCLEX-RN examination given to all passing performances. Students can answer more questions to receive feedback on their strengths and weaknesses and they can download a copy of their test, answers, and rationales at the end of their exam. Students can use their unique test ID code to take Mosby’s Online CAT an unlimited number of times in a 30-day window.
- Gives students the option to answer up to 150 questions to receive feedback on their strengths and weaknesses in the areas of client needs, nursing process, and clinical area.
- Includes only nationally field-tested and clinically reviewed test questions to ensure currency and accuracy of content.
- Parallels the NCLEX-RN examination by using computer-adaptive testing to deliver each question on the student’s test.
- Allows students flexible options for choosing the time and location of their test by making it accessible over the Internet.
New to this Edition
- Provides instant feedback at the end of the test on whether students passed or failed Mosby’s Online CAT.
- Gives a “prediction” of the student’s probability of passing the NCLEX-RN examination if the student achieves a passing performance on Mosby’s Online CAT.
- Provides a recent correlation study report to give faculty an explanation of the “probability of passing” percentage.
- Includes alternate test items to parallel the latest question formats now included in the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Allows students to take Mosby’s Online CAT an unlimited number of times in a 30-day window by providing unique Test ID codes.
- Provides students with a downloadable copy of their exam, including test questions, answers, and rationales, at the conclusion of their test to use for further study.
- Includes a 1,800-question item pool to ensure students receive a wide variety of test questions during their 30-day window.
Dolores F Saxton RN BSEd MA MPS EdD President DFS Enterprises Farmingdale NY Phyllis K Pelikan RN AAS BS MA Professor Emeritus Nassau Community College Garden City NY and Judith S Green RN AA BA MA Professor Emeritus Nassau Community College Garden City NY Field Supervisor A B Health Service Hicksville NY Mosbys Computer Adaptive Test CAT NCLEXRN ® Examination Boxed Version